Five New Locations Added to MassEcon’s on-line Portfolio of Available Locations
WATERTOWN, MA – Businesses added about three million square feet of space in Massachusetts in 2016 from properties listed on MassEcon’s ReadyMass 100 portfolio of available land and buildings, the nonprofit group that promotes business in the Commonwealth reported today.
MassEcon, the Commonwealth’s partner in promoting business and locations in the state, said that six properties were removed from the 2016 of available and ready properties portfolio because they were scooped up by Massachusetts companies relocating or expanding or by companies that decided to move to the Bay State.
And MassEcon, after vetting multiple new properties in all regions of the state, added five new market-ready properties to its 2017 ReadyMass100 list.
“The record of our eight-year-old ReadyMass100 initiative last year showed more businesses taking up space across the Bay State than in any previous year and is a testament to the economic health of the Commonwealth,” said Susan Houston, Executive Director of MassEcon. “It also shows how important this tool is in helping in-state and out-of-state executives find new places to do business in Massachusetts.”
Prominent companies that located in properties from the 2016 ReadyMass 100 portfolio include:
- Partners Healthcare, 800,000 square feet with an option to expand to 1.1 million square feet at Assembly Square in Somerville, MA.
- The Boston Celtics, 70,776 square feet at Boston Landing in Brighton.
- The Boston Bruins, 25,760 square feet, also at Boston Landing.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, 208,500 square feet at 100 Binney St. in Cambridge, MA.
- Arris, 192,754 square feet at Crosspoint 1,900 Chelmsford St.in Lowell, MA.
- Kronos, 500,000 square feet also at Crosspoint, 1,900 Chelmsford St. in Lowell.
- Optum, 126,004 square feet at 1325 Boylston St.in Boston.
- ConforMIS, 45,403 square feet at 600 Technology Park Dr. in Billerica, MA.
- Akamai, 42,286 square feet at Westford Technology Park West, Westford, MA.
The complete list of ReadyMass 100 Success Stories can be found here.
The latest ReadyMass 100 portfolio, for 2017, includes properties from all corners of the state. Of the total of 80, 18 are located in communities designated by the state as Gateway Cities, where growth is particularly encouraged.
The five new properties added to the ReadyMass 100 portfolio for 2017 are:
- Jackson Innovation and Technology Park in Devens.
- Dunham Ridge Business Park, land and building listings in Beverly.
- 20 Computer Drive in Haverhill.
- 175 Campanelli Drive in Braintree.
- 4 Open Square Way in Holyoke.
The ReadyMass 100 initiative is designed to promote expansion opportunities for businesses. The initiative helps to retain companies growing in Massachusetts and to communicate to both in-state and out-of-state companies that Massachusetts has a ready inventory of properties to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes and across all industry sectors. MassEcon developed the initiative as part of a collaboration with the Commonwealth, regional economic development groups, and the real estate community.
“The ReadyMass100 portfolio is an important marketing tool for the state said Houston, “especially for companies that are evaluating Massachusetts for the first time as an expansion location.”
A team of real estate experts in collaboration with MassEcon’s state partners rigorously evaluated properties, which include both building and land sites, are certified for immediate occupancy or development, and have met key criteria relating to infrastructure, permitting, size and readiness. The properties can be viewed on MassEcon’s website at: https://massecon.com/services/readymass100/search.
Since its inception in 2009, the ReadyMass 100 has resulted in over 40 success stories that represent over 6 million square feet of absorption.
MassEcon, founded in 1993, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan entity that serves as the state’s private sector partner in promoting Massachusetts as the premier choice for business growth. Its services include the Site Finder Service, which helps expanding and relocating companies find a home in the Commonwealth; the Research and Information Service, which provides companies with the information they need to evaluate the Commonwealth as a location to grow; and the Massachusetts Ambassadors, a network of civic and corporate leaders who help market Massachusetts as a place to do business. For more information, please go to www.massecon.com or www.twitter.com/MassEcon.
# # #