ISSUE DATE: July 31, 2018
Companies From Across Massachusetts Selected for Job Growth, Investment, Expansion
WATERTOWN, MA — Eighteen companies from across the state have been selected as finalists for the 2018 Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards, MassEcon’s 15th annual celebration of firms for their outstanding contributions to the Massachusetts economy.
The finalists, spanning Greater Boston to Western Massachusetts, range in size and are drawn from manufacturing, distribution, life sciences, food, robotics, entertainment, and software.
MassEcon selected the finalists based on their job growth, facility expansion, and investment since Jan. 1, 2017, as well as other criteria, including community involvement. The finalists collectively have added nearly 3,700 jobs to the Commonwealth, invested more than $900 million, and expanded their facilities by more than 2 million square feet since January 2017.
“Our outstanding finalists for the 2018 Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards are an excellent barometer of the healthy economy across the Commonwealth, and we look forward to honoring the winners and all who excelled at our annual event in the fall,” said Stephen P. Flavin, Chair of the MassEcon Board of Directors and Vice President and Dean for Academic and Corporate Engagement at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
On Sept. 12, finalists each will present one-minute pitches to a panel of judges and business leaders describing their growth in the Bay State. The event will be held at Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP in Boston, and Secretary of the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development Jay Ash will be the featured guest.
“We are thrilled to recognize Massachusetts companies that contribute so much to the Commonwealth’s economic success,” said Susan Houston, Executive Director of MassEcon. “The diversity of industries across the state demonstrates that Massachusetts is an outstanding location for businesses to expand and thrive.”
Finalists competed on a regional basis in the West, Central, Southeast, Northeast, and Greater Boston areas. From the pool of finalists, a gold, silver, and bronze winner will be selected for each region. The winners from each of the five regions will be announced in October and recognized at an awards luncheon on Nov. 20 in Boston.
“Massachusetts continues to thrive due to the strength of its talented workforce and innovative companies, like this year’s notable finalists, who help power the economy,” said Jerry Sargent, President of Citizens Bank, Massachusetts. “We are proud to partner with MassEcon to help companies invest, expand, and reach their full potential.”
The companies chosen as finalists for the 15th Annual Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards:
- America’s Test Kitchen – Boston: Multimedia company that produces cookbooks, online cooking classes, magazines and other online cooking resources.
- Wayfair – Boston: Leading e-commerce company that specializes in home goods.
- JC Cannistraro – Boston: Leading mechanical construction company that specializes in manufacturing and fabrication.
- Cloud Health Technologies – Boston: A leading cloud management platform that helps companies support their business needs through analyzing, valuing and managing data.
- Asics – Boston: Leading worldwide footwear manufacturer that serves general consumers and a vast array of retail partners.
- Table Talk Pies – Worcester: Family-owned leading manufacturer and seller of pies.
- Imperial Distributors – Worcester: Leader in distribution and merchandising of supermarket non-foods.
- Little Leaf Farms – Devens: World-class hydroponic greenhouse that uses sustainable technology to harvest baby green vegetables.
- 3Decor – Lawrence: On demand printing company that creates home textiles and other printable goods.
- Endeavor Robotics– Chelmsford: An advanced technology company that is the world’s leading provider of battle-tested Unmanned Ground Vehicles.
- MilliporeSigma – Burlington: Provides scientists and engineers with best-in-class lab materials, technologies and services.
- Krohne – Beverly: A family-owned business that manufactures, sells, and services process instrumentation which is used to measure various physical properties of fluid.
- CRRC – Springfield: Leading manufacturer of locomotive vehicles that will be producing MBTA rail cars.
- Decker Machine Works – Greenfield: Family-owned American precision manufacturing company which creates precision parts for aerospace and communications, energy, and research development markets.
- MGM Casino – Springfield: MGM Casino in Springfield is a state of the art casino, resort, and entertainment destination.
- Moderna Therapeutics – Norwood: A biopharma company that is pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA or mRNA.
- Cox Engineering – Randolph: HVAC construction company that designs, fabricates, and installs HVAC piping and sheet metal ductwork.
- Design Communications – Avon: Manufacturing company that fabricates architectural elements such as signs, sculptures and LED walls.
Citizens Bank is the Presenting Sponsor of the Fifteenth Annual Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards. WPI is the Gold Sponsor.
MassEcon, founded in 1993, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan entity that serves as the state’s private sector partner in promoting Massachusetts as the premier choice for business growth. Its services include the Site Finder Service, which helps expanding and relocating companies find a home in the Commonwealth; the Research and Information Service, which provides companies with the information they need to evaluate the Commonwealth as a location to grow; and the Massachusetts Ambassadors, a network of civic and corporate leaders who help market Massachusetts as a place to do business. For more information, please go to www.massecon.com or www.twitter.com/MassEcon.
– ### –