Celebrating 2020’s Massachusetts Corporate Heroes: Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards
November 24 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
For 16 years, MassEcon has been honoring employers that have grown in Massachusetts with facility expansions and increased employment, through its Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards. The event, held annually on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, has always been a joyful event. Our awards have always sought to be a reflection of the spirit of the Massachusetts business community and the impact of individual companies on their communities.
In a time of tremendous challenge due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we realized that our 17th Annual Impact Awards must be different in character than in the past, to properly reflect how employers are positively affecting life in our Commonwealth. Our 2020 Impact Awards will honor organizations in Massachusetts that have responded to the global pandemic in exceptional ways*. When judges are evaluating companies, they will also consider support for diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
With our Corporate Hero Awards, we will seek to honor a sampling of employers, large and small, and in every region of the state, that reflect the spirit of Massachusetts businesses to solve problems, serve their communities, and provide for the livelihoods of their workers. Please help us honor such organizations by nominating a Massachusetts employer that you feel is a Corporate Hero in 2020. The Awards ceremony will be held virtually on November 24, 2020.
Thank you to Presenting Sponsor Citizens Bank.
Corporate Hero – Criteria
- The company is headquartered in Massachusetts, or has its primary operations in Massachusetts
- When challenged by the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, has responded in at least one of the following ways that reflects the best qualities of a company to:
1) meet a need in battling the COVID-19 virus with a product or service,
2) meet the needs of its community and the Commonwealth through extraordinary charitable actions,
3) meet the needs of its employees through extraordinary efforts to sustain their employment under adverse business circumstances caused by the pandemic.
*There are no greater heroes in this crisis that the front-line health care workers who are serving patients day in and day out. We can’t begin to thank them enough, or the health systems for which they work. In deference to the qualifications for our traditional Impact Awards, our Hero Award nominees will be limited to employers in what are considered “export industries”, which exclude health service providers and most retailers. We know that employers in these industries will be honored for their sacrifices and contributions by other organizations.