Marketing Communications Coordinator
MassEcon is seeking a positive, enthusiastic, hands-on professional to add value as a trusted member of our core team. We are a private non-profit organization with a small, active, and dynamic staff, and we have been promoting Massachusetts as the premier place to do business for over 20 years. Our member-supported organization works with state, local, and regional economic development partners, Chambers of Commerce, and industry associations to accomplish our mission of helping business stay, grow, and thrive in Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of relevant marketing experience, polished communication and interpersonal skills, strong writing skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks. Trade association and/or chamber experience a plus. This position is an outstanding opportunity to exercise leadership in enhancing MassEcon’s marketing and administrative infrastructure and in communicating MassEcon’s message. The candidate will work closely with the Executive and Senior Directors in an environment where ideas are valued and innovation is encouraged.
Key areas of responsibility
- In conjunction with Executive Director, lead logistical planning and execution of both small and large scale events including working with vendors, managing attendee lists, creating event invitations and signage, and executing day-of event logistics as on-site lead
- Create and produce internal and external publications and electronic communications including but not limited to monthly e-newsletters
- Manage MassEcon’s website by writing, editing, and updating content via WordPress
- Manage MassEcon’s social media presence by creating content and posting to our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Flickr accounts
- Develop ideas and write articles for newly established company blog
- Serve as liaison to organization’s PR and design consultants
- Assist Executive Director by managing Outlook Calendar, organizing meetings, drafting correspondence, and serving as a point of contact with external partners
- Ensure the smooth administrative functioning of the office through overseeing the ordering of supplies, maintaining vendor relationships, screening phone calls, and serving as liaison to organization’s bookkeeper
- Recruit, train, and oversee 1-2 interns/co-ops, who significantly support this position
Required knowledge and skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, attention to detail, and editing proficiency
- Experience and ability organizing and managing multiple projects
- Constructive, problem-solving temperament and ability to engage clients and team at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of graphic design and desktop publishing including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience and knowledge of open source CMS such as WordPress
- Experience with Constant Contact or similar e-marketing software a plus
- B.A. or B.S. degree
Our team members enjoy
- Health insurance benefits and 401k plan
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick time benefits
- Attendance at senior level corporate and networking events
- A warm and friendly work environment that offers: free parking, free electric car charging, secure bicycle parking, and an office full of natural sunlight
Our Watertown office is accessible by public transit: Red Line to Park and/or 70 & 71 buses from Cambridge and Brighton.
MassEcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.