Seeking a student currently studying for undergraduate or graduate degree to intern for winter/spring term to join our small, active, and dynamic staff. This is an outstanding opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of our operation, work closely with senior staff, and to network with member organizations and the economic development community. The candidate will work in an environment where ideas are valued and innovation is encouraged.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Event Planning & Execution: Each spring, MassEcon recognises companies who are new to Massachusetts through its Annual Corporate Welcome Reception. The intern will assist MassEcon in preparing for this major event and as such will gain exposure to the major growth companies in Massachusetts. In addition, the intern will support the organization’s other meetings and events by designing and issuing invitations, maintaining guest lists, and assisting with audience building via phone and email outreach. Our interns attend all of our events and have significant opportunities to meet members of the business community.
- Communications: Updating www.massecon.com through our CMS tool and providing content for social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Providing design, content, and research support for our electronic newsletters, presentations, and reports. The intern will learn to conduct research and write for In Brief, our monthly newsletter tracking growth in Massachusetts.
- Administrative Support: Providing general administrative support to the office including screening phone calls; drafting correspondence; assisting with meeting logistics, and other administrative tasks on an as-needed basis. We are looking for a mature intern with a positive, can-do outlook who can work constructively in a small, team-oriented environment.
The intern should have the following skills and credentials:
- Top-notch writing and research skills Advanced computer skills in a Windows Office 2010 environment in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competence with Adobe Photoshop, open-source CMS, and Adobe Acrobat programs Ability to learn new computer applications that are relevant to design and communications areas
- High comfort level in communicating in a public facing role
Transportation: Accessible by public transit. Red line to Park and/or 70 & 71 buses from Cambridge and Brighton. Bike-friendly, free on-site auto parking.
Please email cover letter & resumes to Samantha Lordi at firstname.lastname@example.org, no calls please. Hours: 2-4 days per week beginning in January. $10/hour